Term Type : Full-Time
Salary dependant on experiance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual wishing to pursue a career with the Company as an Estimator. Reporting to the Divisional Manager, the purpose of this role shadow experienced team members in fulfilling all duties associated with the preparatory tasks in relation to service delivery, namely surveys, preparing and submission of quotations, supervision of works teams and other associated tasks.
Whilst this is considered a training post, applicants must demonstrate a continued commercial and operational awareness whilst promoting the success of the division and Company.
Employed on a full time basis, the postholder will also be expected to dedicate any time required to fulfil all duties and the service delivered is of a high standard. This will involve undertaking work outside of contractual hours and on occasion be required to work away from place of work which may involve overnight stay. Under the supervision and guidance of more experienced colleagues, the key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are as follows:
• Undertaking full and concise site surveys, preparing and submitting accurate works quotations and job engineering.
• Assisting with supervising specialist subcontractors to ensure service provided is as per service level agreement; reporting any issues supervision immediately and contribution to problem resolution.
• Assisting with the supervision of employees on site; ensuring all personnel are provided with a full brief of works and ensuring service delivered in of a high standard.
• Preparation of full and concise RAMS documentation.
• Provide support to any other member of staff as and when required.
• Provide accurate weekly sales KPIs to Divisional Manager in a timely and efficient manner.
• Be prepared to provide accurate and timely ad-hoc reports relating to a specific job/works or present a general overview for all on-going works for which the postholder is responsible for.
• To carry out any reasonable request by management, for which the postholder is adequately trained to satisfy.
This list is not exhaustive and the postholder will be expected to make a contribution to the commercial success of the division and any task undertaken by the postholder must be accurate, efficient and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism. Applicants must possess a degree of technical and industry knowledge and experience, a high degree of professionalism and an ability to develop new business whilst maintaining existing customer business.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential as is an ability to use all Microsoft Office applications. Possessing OFTEC qualifications will be an advantage and applicants must possess a clean full UK Driving Licence. The role requires the postholder maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image at all times.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Kurt Wachter, Divisional Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org