Location : Droitwich
Term Type : Full-Time
Salary dependant on experiance
Droitwich / Salary dependent on experience and capability
Due to a desire to increase the Spills response capability at our Droitwich service centre, we are seeking to appoint four Spills Technicians to work alongside our existing skilled Technicians as partners.
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the successful candidates will be required to undertake duties associated with that of a skilled Technician, including the clean-up of any spill in a variety of environments using resource and equipment. As we are looking to provide full support in spills clean up around the clock, there will be a requirement to work shifts in these roles on a 3 day on, 3 day off, 3 night on, 3 night off pattern.
The key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Operating Company vehicles which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate.
- Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken and reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Cleaning in an efficient, safe and professional manner, any spill / fly tip as required, and ensuring all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment. This includes ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
- Carry out works in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation, using knowledge and experience to contribute to the pursuance of works, to meet customer demand and to satisfy works.
- Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job identifying repair work required. This includes ensuring the depot, yard area and office facility is clean and tidy.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements or possible opportunities.
Applicants must possess full UK driving licence, and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, representing the Company well.
A flexible approach to the job, knowledge and experience of similar work, good customer facing skills will be required. Training will be given where necessary; however we are looking to recruit self-motivated, professional individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties to be an asset to the Division and the Company
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Steve Welch, Support Services Manager / email@example.com
Please note you must also inform your Line Manager that you have expressed an interest in this vacancy.