Location : Manchester
Term Type : Full-Time
Salary dependant on experiance
Due to an increase in customer demand we are seeking to recruit an experienced Operator to join our team in Manchester. Reporting to the Operations Manager, they will be required to undertake duties associated with that of a skilled Operator including the clean-up of any spill in a variety of environment using resource and equipment. In addition, and a fundamental feature of the daily duties of this post, the postholder will be required to operate any Company vehicles for which they are suitably qualified to.
The key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are:
- Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks are undertaken and reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Ensuring all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Act as a Lead Operator/Supervisor as and when required either in the depot or on a customer’s site; other team members must adhere to instruction of the person identified as the Lead Operator/Supervisor.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
- Undertaking all works in accordance with health and safety and adherence to RAMS documentation.
- Cleaning all plant and equipment post job. The postholder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements or possible opportunities.
Applicants must possess full UK driving licence and demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers. The successful candidates will be expected to develop knowledge and experience of the operation of the region, and undertake all duties, demonstrating health and safety awareness at all times. The postholder will be expected to participate in out of hours response requirements.
Previous related knowledge and experience gained in a similar industry is a requirement and the postholder will be asked to produce evidence of such knowledge at the interview stage.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Peter Lohan, Northern General Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org