Location : Doncaster
Term Type : Full-Time
Salary dependant on experiance
Doncaster / Salary dependent on experience and qualification
We are seeking to recruit a full time Operations Manager to lead the team at our service centre in Doncaster.
Reporting to the Northern General Manager, the successful candidate will be required to effectively and strategically manage and support all service centre staff to ensure the successful completion of all aspects of operations.
Working alongside the Business Development Managers and other staff, manage, plan and execute all works and allocation of workforce to be most effective and support the running of the region. The key tasks and accountabilities associated with this post are as follows:
- Promote and ensure the operational and organisational success of the service centre.
- Manage and promote safe working practice and process; monitor & investigate all incidents occurring within the divisional area.
- Ensure all works programmes are planned, managed and executed to promote maximum efficiency and be most cost effective whilst delivering excellent service to the Company’s customers.
- Manage all service centre staff, including the Office Manager and Operations Supervisor, promoting compliance and adherence to all legislation and policy.
- To carry out any site visits necessary to ensure correct and full RAMS are completed.
- Work with the Operations Supervisor to keep both the client and Northern General Manager fully informed of operational change and progress; the postholder is expected to be able to provide a full operational brief, written or verbal to any senior member of staff with little or no prior notice.
- Ensure all paper work is fully and compliantly completed and pass to the appropriate department for processing.
- Monitor the performance and conduct of all service centre staff and working with Human Resources and Health and Safety staff, address any issues that may arise immediately.
Applicants must possess and demonstrate experience and knowledge gained in a similar environment with excellent written and verbal communication. Knowledge of and the ability to prepare RAMS will be advantageous as would the ability to undertake full site audit and deliver recommendation from such audits. Due to systems used, applicants must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, possess and evidence managerial and supervisory experience within the industry. Experience and knowledge of operating on large industrial tank cleans and forecourts will be a distinct advantage.
Some training will be given however the company are looking to recruit a self-motivated individual, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties in the interests of developing knowledge and a career with the company.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Peter Lohan, Northern General Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org