Term Type : Full-Time
Salary dependant on experiance
We are now seeking to recruit a HGV Driver/Technician for our operation in Brize Norton.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be required to operate anywhere in the UK, at times with the need to stay away from home overnight. Required to operate as part of a team, the postholder will work alongside other Technicians, fulfilling works for major oil companies & independent customers in the drainage division. Contributing to ensuring all systems are operating correctly and identifying root causes and provide customers with long term solution the duties of this post include a high degree of manual work required when cleaning site drainage systems to ensure compliance with the PPG3 regulations. Key tasks and accountabilities associated with this post are as follows;
- Operating independently, or as part of team to perform and deliver full site drainage PPM’s, which will include jetting of underground services, emptying silt traps on car & Jet wash systems and cleaning the sites oil & water interceptors; this will include sewage works and sites. Onsite training will be provided.
- Replacing Interceptor Filters. Onsite training will be provided.
- Respond and react to call outs for critical drainage issues.
- To satisfy the duties of a site supervisor/lead operative when the occasion is presented. This will include attending site briefings as a company representative and on occasion, act as team leader.
- Carry out near miss & potential incident reporting. In-house training will be provided.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and ensure all equipment, tools, PPE and other work items are in good order and repair and available for use at all times. The postholder is expected to inform supervision as soon as any damage is identified.
- Completion of all works in a timely manner; this includes all paperwork and submission to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
- Any other duties for which the postholder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
Applicants must possess licence categories to operate and control rigid tankers, preferably possess knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation and have successfully completed Driver CPC.
This role offers an opportunity for the right candidates to join a highly professional team.
The successful candidates will be expected to make safe deliveries of fuel, generate customer goodwill and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, representing the Company well.
A flexible approach to the job, knowledge and experience of similar tanker work, good customer facing skills will be required.
Training will be given where necessary; however the company are looking to recruit self-motivated reliable individuals, with proven existing skills and a willingness to be flexible and deliver great customer care.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Mark Willis, Operations Manager – email@example.com