Location : Brize Norton
Term Type : Full-Time
Brize Norton / Salary dependent on experience and capability
The above location is a guide however the postholder will be required to cover the UK operations of the Company.
We are seeking to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor and as the title suggests, this role will focus on the Forecourts operations of the Company.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager – Forecourts, the primary function of this role is to provide advice and guidance to Management on all aspects of Health and Safety including acting as a Competent Person as defined in the Management of Health and Safety Regulations, to ensure that the Company complies with Health and safety Legislation and other applicable requirements. A large proportion of the role will be supporting the Company’s forecourt based works. The key tasks and accountabilities associated with this role are as follows:
- Provide advice, guidance and support on Health and Safety matters to all operations within the Group which will involve travel to operational depots, work sites and client premises.
- Occasional support may be required for other depots within the Group which will involve travel to operational depots and work sites throughout the group.
- Report incidents immediately and maintain accurate records of all accidents and incidents, undertake investigations, identify immediate and underlying causes and assist in the implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide Managers and Directors with timely reports on initiatives, KPI’s and H&S performance.
- Implement and maintain Company Management systems locally.
- Maintain an accurate diary, managing workloads and priorities.
- Co-ordinate regular H&S management meetings, assisting on action points where necessary.
- Co-ordinate response to interested parties on H&S related complaints, enquiries and concerns.
- Communicate with clients at all levels.
- To represent the company at client meetings.
- Participate in H&S development projects as required.
- Collate, develop and distribute Safety Bulletins and Tool Box Talks.
- To carry out any reasonable request by management to undertake additional duties, when necessary in order to meet the needs of the business.
- To be available out of hours for urgent H&S advice.
- Provide out of hours telephone cover on a rota basis.
- To deputise for the Health and Safety Manager – Forecourts as required.
This list is not exhaustive and the postholder will be required to assist with and take responsibility for ad-hoc project work when required. The successful candidate will ideally possess a NEBOSH qualification or currently working towards NEBOSH level 3 qualification. Applicants should be IT literate, possess excellent communication and decision making skills and be able to operate with little or no supervision. Applicants should also possess industry experience and be commercially minded.
Whilst this post is contracted to a 40 hour week, the successful candidate will be expected to be available outside of contractual hours to dedicate sufficient time to ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard. In addition, the postholder will be required to stay away from home as a regular feature of the role and participate in provision of emergency weekend cover.
Applicants must demonstrate a passion for Health & Safety and be capable of encouraging development of personnel in terms of perception and behaviour.
Some training will be given, however we are looking to recruit a self-motivated individual who will make an immediate contribution to the Health & Safety operation and the success of the Company.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Richard Price, Health & Safety Manager / email@example.com