Location : Exeter, South Wales, Manchester
Term Type : Full-Time
Salary dependant on experiance
Salary dependent on experience and capability
We are seeking to appoint three Environmental Consultants to join our Contaminated Land team. The roles will be based in Tiverton in Exeter, South Wales and Manchester.
The successful candidates will be required to manage ground investigation and remediation projects from spill response, through ground investigation and remediation to closure. The key tasks and accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Planning and undertaking all phases of Contaminated Land investigation and remediation works including desk based preliminary risk assessments, intrusive soil and groundwater investigations, generic and detailed quantitative risk assessments, remedial options appraisals and remediation strategies.
- Supervision of sub-contractors undertaking ground investigation and remediation works.
- Producing a range of reports including risk assessments, options appraisals and completion reports.
- Project Management including client and regulator liaison.
- Provision of accurate and timely information to line management.
- Supporting team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices at all levels.
The successful candidates will be required to provide support, advice and where possible, training and guidance to lesser experienced members of the team.
Possessing a Bachelor’s Degree level in Geology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Civil Engineering or similar discipline and Contaminated Land and Groundwater Project Management experience, in either a contracting or consulting organisation and demonstrate this experience.
The roles are full time and postholders will be required to undertake UK-wide travel and there may be a requirement to stay away from home overnight with little or at times no notice.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, with the ability to communicate complex subject matter in a clear and concise manner.
The postholders must be capable of independent work and decision making.
Training will be given where necessary; however we are looking to recruit a self-motivated individuals, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties to be an asset to the company.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to:
Nathan Male, Contaminated Land Manager / email@example.com